Tuesday 21 December 2010

#0 : The first ever

Assalamualaikum dear friends and readers,

Before i start with all those cooking stuff, let me tell you the main reason why i am putting an effort to do this blog.

I'm a 23 year-old muslim lady, a government scholar pursuing studies in France, a wife to an outstanding and lovely husband, a daughter to the most wonderful parents in the world, the only sister to my 4 adorable growing-up brothers, and so on and so forth.

To be in France doing a future-worth studies, and being married at quite an early age, you must be telling me that i am now on top of my dreams.

Well dear, i am not, yet.

You might not know how hell my life had been for couple of years ago. But sure enough i'm not going to tell anything about it here. Just let it go forever and i'm moving on.

All of sudden, Allah sent me a new passion full of question mark. Something so irrelevant to me, which is cooking! And this is where i realize that i'm losing so many things in my life. I am not fulfilling my dreams eventhough it has been my long-held aspiration to study engineering in France.

So i do some flashback, through my excellent years back in 2004, where i was a form-five student. You know, 2004 marked a splendide history in my life, where i got round to achieve many things at the ultimate level. Uhh, i don't need to spell them out here. Yes, we do share sweet little things, but the sweetest thing is to be kept to yourself. Right?

And there, yes, i was on TOP of the world.

So i started questioning myself. What is it that had driven me to the top at that time? Why did life have to be so hard this past few years?

Praise be to Allah. He lights up the answers.

I'm regaining consciousness, and i am fully aware now. Those bright years, i was living along with my burning passion. Which is none other than the language. Ouh, did i mention that throughout the year, i used to read french-malay dictionary everynight as a dose of my 'sleeping pills'?

And of course, it's not the passion that had kept me going. It's Allah, solely Him. Now i understand how much i might be distant from Him these days, as i have already left behind my routine of reading Al-Mulk everyday after Isya' prayer.

Oh my god, i seem to write something way afar from cooking. Ok let's get back on track readers!

This is what i wanna tell you through this entry.

You must know what you're capable of. You must dig in to yourself, and treasure every single corner in-depth, what talent and capability you are entitled to.

You must be good at something. Please don't make up stories and say that you are good for nothing. If you strongly believe in Allah, you must believe that He must have blessed you with a natural passion, love, and value instilled in yourself.

If you don't have any idea where you're good at, keep on searching. But please, i need to stress this out, be yourself. Again, be yourself. You don't need to copy your friends or your mother. You must not simply do what others are doing, for everyone of us is granted with different amount and type of potential. You don't know, but Allah knows well.

Learn. Learn about yourself. And there you'll find an enormous strength and inner drive, to lead your life successfully. And when i'm saying success, i am meaning it syariah-wise. You got what i mean right?

Ooh i think it's best to really stop now. And like i said, i am launching this modest blog to live and to work on my passion (ouh, it should have 's' now). And to take it along with me as a powerful force, to keep me hanging on in this rocky journey.

So, bismillah, and let's get cooking ladies!

p/s : I might have done some grammatical or literal error here and there. Please excuse me for being redundant and would you mind to highlight them for me? You know, i'm an avid learner.:)

Love n peace,
Nini

1 comment:

  1. Alhamdulillah, you have find your passion. I hope I will follow suit. May you find bliss in food! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete